The SYSST’s mission is to ensure that the Sarasota YMCA Sharks continues its tradition of excellence by supporting the coaching staff in the running of first-class events, fundraising, and parent volunteer activation. The SYSST is currently staffed by the following volunteer leaders:
Volunteer Coordinator: Rachel Bowman
- Determine volunteer needs for meets, work with Webmaster starting four weeks before the meet to make sure sign-up form is accurate and ready to launch when meet is announced.
- Three weeks out, activate Team Parents and phone tree to begin recruiting volunteers via phone/email.
- Manage volunteer sign-ups on website.
- Janet Clark to assist.
IT Coordinator: Jay Clark
- Generate meet letter with help from Officials Coordinator; cc the Webmaster
- Obtain meet entries/information from coaches, organize in Meet Manager and inform Volunteer Coordinator of how many volunteers are needed per session.
- Work with Volunteer Coordinator to staff the skybox for all sessions of meet
- Heat sheets (Chris Knoch)
- Oversee training of apprentice computer and console operators
- Generate results and send to Webmaster
Operations Manager: Bill Wall
Work with Volunteer Coordinator to staff the following meet positions:
- Set-up and tear-down
- Meet marshals
- Parking and traffic
Oversee on-deck operations and meet preparation, including:
- Equipment Manager: Erick Morales (barricades, tents, buckets, counters, cones, etc)
- Technical Equipment Manager Randy Averett: (scoreboard, speakers, PA system, etc.)
Hospitality Manager: Tom Blankenship
Oversee all hospitality for home meets, including organization of hospitality room, soliciting food from parents and sponsors, planning and staffing.
Officials Coordinator: Mark Davis
- Manage all SYS officials, including training and certification
- Recruit and train new officials
- Assist IT Coordinator with meet letter
Support Services: Laura Hamel
- Assist Webmaster and Support Team as needed.
- Manage communications with coaching staff liaison and interface with third-party vendor (Active) for setting up and maintaining a communications structure.
- Assisted by Allen Hillman
- Maintain and continue to build functionality of sarasotasharks.org
- Begin archive process of SYS historical materials
- Assisted by Laura Hamel
Sponsor Liaison/Fundraising Specialist: Tom Blankenship
- Sponsor Liaison: Manage relationships with current SYS sponsors, recruit and activate more long-term sponsors.
- Fundraising Specialist: Based on direction from coaching staff, determine fundraising needs and set goals.
Event Planning and Awards: Judy Kiyonaga-Cesaroni, Peg Rauch
- Annual awards banquet: Judy Kiyonaga-Cesaroni and Peg Rauch
- Awards 2012-2013: Pam Wall, Angie Graham, Agnes Kelly
- Travel Arrangements: Sherry Stich
- Siesta Key Triathlon: (?)
Coaching Staff Liaison: Brent Arckey
- Function as conduit for information flowing between coaching staff and SYSST.